Saturday 11 February 2012

No-Bake Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Corn Flake Bars

Just a quick fix, had a craving and a bit of cereal.  No pics.

No-Bake Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Corn Flake Bars
  • 3 cups corn flakes , crushed a bit
  • 1 cup crunchy peanut butter (or smooth)
  • ½ cup sugar
  • ½ cup corn syrup
  • 6 ounces chocolate chips

  1. Heat peanut butter, sugar and corn syrup over low heat to melt. Stir in cereal.
  2. Pat into a 8x8 lightly greased pan. (I line my pan with foil and then lightly spray it. When it is time to cut them, the foil lifts right out.).
  3. Melt chocolate chips over low heat or in the microwave and spread over top. Cool until firm.
** I used mostly Rice Krispies, that's what I had.  Worked just as well.  I might add in raisins next time, I just like the sweet chewiness they add.

No comments:

Post a Comment