Wednesday 13 June 2012

Simple, 3-ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies

I made a batch of cookies as a snack-on-the-go for this afternoon.  PB cookies!



I made 16 cookies, I'll create 2 PB&J sandwiches using Nanny's raspberry jam out of some of them and leave the rest as they are - delicious!

I would have made this cookie had I had brown sugar on-hand, but I do not.  Perhaps I'll get to the grocery store this week, we'll see.

Simple PB cookies
from Kraft
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
- mix all in a medium bowl
- shape into tablespoon-size balls, perhaps create classic criss-cross design on top
- bake 325F for 20 minutes
Smooth or crunchy can be used (I prefer crunchy).  I have not tried this recipe with sunbutter or natural PB, if you do please post a comment to let me know how it turns out.  Chocolate chips tend to fall out of the batter but you can smush a few on the top of each cookie before baking them.
A great recipe to get kids in the kitchen too! 


There are some variations and ideas at the Kraft website.

No comments:

Post a Comment